Aaarrrggghhh. I'm not going to take it anymore! News anchors and in-the-field reporters, take note: if you can count it, use fewer. If you can't count it, use less.
- Fewer eggs in the carton; less cholesterol
- Fewer Glenn Beck tears; less craziness in the world
- Fewer oil rigs; less spilled oil
- Fewer oil-covered penguins; less relief work needed
- Fewer hurricanes; less anxiety along the Gulf Coast
[tweetmeme source="JanetTrumble" only_single=false]There. I feel better now. Alone, or with a partner, create your own list. Post it in the comments below. And, yes, this IS for a grade. Isn't everything? LOL.
I guess it's true what they say: You can take the teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher. Sigh.